It is important that low level nuisance is dealt with by the appropriate agency and not allowed to get worse. If you don’t report it we cannot help resolve problems. Information will be treated confidentially and your personal details will not be disclosed unless we have your agreement.
Acts of a criminal nature
Serious incidents which are acts of a criminal nature should be passed directly to West Yorkshire Police:
- Non-emergencies telephone 101
- In an emergency 999
- West Yorkshire Police – Help and Advice.
For all other Anti-social behaviour incidents contact:
- 01422 288001.
Other examples of antisocial behaviour include, but are not limited to:
- Rowdy / nuisance behaviour
- Street drinking / begging
- Verbally abusive language
- Harassment / threatening and intimidating behaviour
When reporting dog fouling please note the service you receive will only be as good as the information you provide.
Action can be taken in relation to complaints about dog fouling if you know who the person is who is not cleaning up after their dog has fouled, or you know the approximate time (to within a couple of hours) the fouling occurs.
Even if you do not know any of the above, but your area is badly fouled, let us know and we will endeavour to undertake patrols and also clean up the worst affected areas.
You can help us by providing as much of the following information as possible:
- Accurate location, is there a near by landmark, lamp column or house number?
- Frequency and time, how regular and at what time does it occur?
- Description of the dog, for example a male black labrador puppy.
- Address and description of the person walking the dog
We cannot clean up dog fouling on private land, you can still report the offender.
Before you report fly-tipping is the problem:
- General litter such as wrappers, takeaway cartons, cigarette ends etc?Get advice about clearing litter.
- in a garden or land attached to a home?Get advice about clearing private residential land.
- on land attached to a shop, pub or other commercial building?Get advice about clearing commercial land.
- on a canal, river or railway?Get advice about clearing canals, rivers or railways.
- next to a bin or recycling container?Don’t report it now. Check again after the next rubbish collection and report it if it’s still there. Bin collection dates